Sunday, July 10, 2016

Repost (An Unexpected Meeting)

Nothing but the sunrise had woken me up from the deepest slumber I've fallen into. I've discreetly asserted myself as someone at fault for I've stayed up until 12. Although I felt like rushing, my body emanated no courage as I moved lazily downstairs from the room where I slept. I knew it. I was late for school.
I found myself portraying the main role for a play I've considered more tear-jerking than most of the dramas I've seen. 
I've failed my own expectation and of those who are around me; if they had one. There was nothing new about it, yet it was sufficient for distress to imprison me. In the end, I wandered inside our campus, preoccupying myself with trivial things. Baffled and vexed, I took little steps, enough to imitate the beat of my heart.
Just a while ago, I unconsciously whispered to myself:
"If only I'd catch a glimpse of him."
Then I shook my head vigorously, realizing how absurd my train of thoughts had become out of the blue.
I slowly held my head up, from the dim screen of my phone to the narrow hallway I was passing by. To my surprise, his dazzling smile showed in front of me. My heart was startled, I felt it flinch strongly. I'm uncertain if that's what people call "skipping a heartbeat." I didn't see his eyes. I didn't know if I was reflected on his spectacles. All I knew and was quite sure about was he was there, and he noticed me. It seemed like he was naughtily blocking my way. I can only present my awkward smile as we passed by each other and after one blink, he was gone. Only now I've realized the bliss I felt was sadly fleeting. I wasn't able to feel every bit of that moment. He, like playing hape shake and match shape sorter, has unconsciously matched this stone-shaped heart of mine. His little things sufficed my longing. Only a glance was wished for, but an exquisite, vivid beam was given instead.


|March 5, 2015|

No comments:

Post a Comment