Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I wish I was a guy (Old poem)

I wish I was born a guy instead
Never to date every 28th
Or buy a bunch of liners
Never too weak, never too delicate
Never to waste an hour or so
Looking at the mirror and the wardrobe
Never to let a frustrated sigh out
For a saggy tummy or an unsatisfying waistline
Never to feel so vulnerable, protecting chastity

How I wish I was a guy
I'd cherish all girls with all my might
I'd avert temptation's stern gaze with all my will
I'd belt out love songs for one girl with all staunchness
I'd become her impregnable shield
I'd battle as a gallant spear, devoid of fears
I'd hone myself so I'd be far from just strong
I'd be anything as long as that anything protects

I'd be the guy
This world's me would want by her side
|2015|

No comments:

Post a Comment