Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Fear, Jealousy, Uncertainty

In a distant island
I strided ashore, planted a foot a time
But the waves kept clashing, and left not a single trace

And then there’s you
The dear you, so distant, through an estranging cloud
And here I was
My feet plunged in the sand as a step forward
I reached for your hands
But the cloud vanished and revealed those very hands
Embracing someone else’s

My world turned pitch black, subsiding into nothingness
As this heart pulsated its last
For you laced around this lump of muscle
Wires the lavished me with utter sorrow
Strangling harder, slowly, slowly
But I didn’t struggle

For neither you, nor the world found joy in me
And with that thought on hand
As if in sync, mine and the cloud’s glands
Entered a perpetual state of heavy downpour


|December 2015|

No comments:

Post a Comment